Selected Journal Papers
Selected Conference Papers
- J. Kim, R.D. Maitra, K. Pedrotti and W.B. Dunbar, "Detecting single-abasic residues within a DNA strand immobilized in a biological nanopore using an integrated CMOS sensor," Sensors & Actuators B: Chemical, Volume 177, February 2013, Pages 1075-1082)
- J. Kim, E. Basham and K.D. Pedrotti, "Geometry-based optimization of radio-frequency coils for powering neuroprosthetic implants," Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing, Published on 10/21/2012 as an Epub ahead of print, Appeared in print Vol. 51 Nos 1 & 2 pp. 123-134 Feb. 2013
- J. Kim, K. Pedrotti and W.B. Dunbar, "An area-efficient low-noise CMOS DNA detection sensor for multichannel nanopore applications," Sensors & Actuators B: Chemical, Vol. 176 January, 2013
- J. Kim, R. D. Maitra, K. Pedrotti and W.B. Dunbar, "A patch-clamp ASIC for nanopore-based DNA analysis," IEEE Trnas. Biomed. Circ. Syst.,(DOI:10.1109/ TBCAS.2012.2200893) (12 July 2012)
- J. Kim and K. Pedrotti, "202pJ/bit area-efficient ASK demodulator for high-density visual prostheses," Electronics Letters, vol. 48, no. 9, pp. 477-479, (Apr. 2012.)
- Y. Chen and K. D. Pedrotti. “Rotary Traveling –Wave Oscillators, Analysis and Simulation” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, Vol. 58, No. 1, pp. 77-87 (Jan 2011)
- H.Elwan, A. Tekin, K. Pedrotti “A Differential-Ramp Based 65 dB-Linear VGA Technique in 65-nm CMOS” IEEE Journal of Solid State Circuits, Vol 44, No. 9, September 9, 2009, pp. 2503-2514
- Ahmet Tekin, Hassan Elwan, Kenneth Pedrotti, “Noise-Shaping Gain-Filtering Techniques for Integrated Receivers” Accepted for publication IEEE Journal of Solid State Circuits (2009)
- John Wood, Ahmet Tekin, Adrian Dave, Kenneth Pedrotti, “Giga-Hertz Rate Single Slope Conversion Technique with 512-Phase RTWO” Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing 2008
- S. Bandyopadhyay, P. Mandal, S.E. Ralph and K. Pedrotti “TIA-Equalizer for Plastic Optical Fiber based Link” submitted to IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems (2007)
- Metzger, A.G.;
Chang, C.E.; Pedrotti, K.D.; Beccue, S.M.; Keh-Chung Wang; Asbeck,
P.M. "A 10-Gb/s high-isolation, 16*16 crosspoint switch implemented
with AlGaAs/GaAs HBT's." IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits,
vol.35, (no.4), IEEE, April 2000. p.593-600.
- K. D. Pedrotti
"High Speed Circuits for Lightwave Communication" International
Journal of High Speed Electronics and Systems, Vol. 9, #2 (1998),
- R. Yu, S. Beccue,
M.F. Chang, K. Nary, R. Nubling, K. Pedrotti, R. Pierson, K. Runge,
N. H. Sheng, P. Thomas, P. Zampardi and K. C. Wang "HBT Devices
and Circuits for Signal and Data Processing" Solid-State Electronics
Vol. 41 No. 10 pp. 1419-1431, 1997
- K. D. Pedrotti, F. Zucca,
P. J. Zampardi, K. Nary, S. M. Beccue, K. Runge, D. Meeker, J. Penny,
and K. C. Wang, "HBT Transmitter and Data Regenerator Arrays
for WDM Optical Communications Application" IEEE Journal of Solid
State Circuits, Vol. 30, No. 10 Oct. 1995 pp.1141-1144
- K. D. Pedrotti, R. L.
Pierson, Jr., N. H. Sheng, R. B. Nubling, C. W. Farley and M. F. Chang
"High-Bandwidth OEIC Receivers Using HBTs: Design and Demonstration"
IEEE Journal of Lightwave Technology Vol. 11, No. 10, pp. 1601-1614
- K. Pedrotti, S. Beccue,
W. Haber, B. Brar, G. Robinson, and M. K. Kilcoyne "16X16 Optical
Fiber Crossbar Switch operating at 0.85µm" IEEE Journal
of Lightwave Technology Vol. 8, No. 9, September 1990
- K.D. Pedrotti, G. D.
Robinson, and F. Vachss "A novel optical lithographic process
for fabrication of sub-half-micron Schottky barrier gate structures."
Accepted for publication in the July-August edition of the Journal
of Vacuum Science and Technology B. July-August 1989.
- K. D. Pedrotti,
"Extinction Spectroscopy: A novel laser spectroscopic technique"
Optics Communications 62, 250-255 (1987)
- K.D. Pedrotti, D. P.
Dimiduk,J. F. Young, and S. E. Harris, "Identification and Oscillator
Strength Measurement of the 1091 Å Transition in Neutral
Cs" Optics Letters 11, 425-427 (1986)
- K. D. Pedrotti, A. J.
Mendelsohn, R. W. Falcone, J. F. Young, and S. E. Harris, "XUV
Emission Spectra of Core Excited Levels in Sodium and Magnesium,"
J. Opt. Soc. of America B 2, 1942-1947 (1985)
Power, M. Kuball, K. Pedrotti, “Thermal characterization
of high voltage GaN-on-Si Schottky Barrier Diodes (SBD) for
designing an on-chip thermal shutdown circuit for a power HEMT”
Submitted for publication at the IEEE Workshop on Wide Bandgap
Power Devices and Applications (WiPDA) 2015, Nov. 2–4, 2015,
Blacksburg, Virginia, USA, IEEE Power Electronics Society
J. Kim, K.D. Pedrotti and W.B. Dunbar, “A fully integrated CMOS
sensor for pico-current measurement on solid-state nanopore
devices,” Intl. Conference on Biomedical Electronics and
Devices-BIODEVICES, pp.27-31, Feb. 2012.
J. Kim, G. Wang, W. B. Dunbar, and K. Pedrotti, “An integrated
patch-clamp amplifier for ultra-low current measurement on
solid-state nanopore,” In Proceedings of the IEEE International SoC
design conference, Nov. 2010.
Jungsuk Kim, Hyunchul Kim, Kenneth Pedrotti, “Power-Efficient
Inductive Link Optimization for Implantable Systems” 2011 IEEE Radio
and Wireless Week (RWS/PAWR/WisNet/BioWireleSS) Phoenix, AZ. Jan.
J. Kim and K. Pedrotti, “A low-power self-biased neural amplifier
for implantable EEG recording system ICs,” in Proc. 32nd annual
international conference of the IEEE EMBS, Aug. 2010.
Kenneth Pedrotti, Robert Dahlgren, Jacob Wysocki, J.M. Wincn, Forest Martinez-McKinney, “High Bit Rate Polymer Optical Fiber Links: Design and Demonstration” Session JThA, Optical Fiber Communication Conference, San Diego March 23-26 (2009)
- Hassan Elwan, Ahmet Tekin, Kenneth Pedrotti “A 48-dB continuous Linear-in-dB IF VGA Technique” ISCAS 2009 Taipei, Taiwan May 24-27 (2009)
- Robert P. Dahlgren, Jacob A. Wysocki, Kenneth D. Pedrotti, "Aspheric nonimaging concentrators for multimode fiber coupling" Proc. SPIE 7221, Photonics Packaging, Integration and Interconnects, (2009)
- A Tekin, Elwan, K. Pedrotti and N. Dogan “Noise-Shaped Post-Mixer Blocker Filter for Integrated Receivers” International Conference on Microelectronics, 14-16 December, 2008 Sharjah, UAE
- R. P. Dahlgren and K. D. Pedrotti, "Tolerancing and corner cases in optical simulation," Proc. SPIE 7068, (2008)
- R. P. Dahlgren, J. A. Wysocki and K. D. Pedrotti, "Non-Imaging Optical Concentrators for Low-Cost Optical Interconnect," Proc. SPIE 7059, (2008)
- R. P. Dahlgren and K. D. Pedrotti, "Methodology to simulation parasitic reflection and birefringence in optical pickup units and sensors," Proc. SPIE 6282, 94-96, (2006)
- R. P. Dahlgren, L. Nguyen, J. A. Wysocki, J. M. Wincn, A. Polley, P. J. Decker, J. B. Wieser, K. D. Pedrotti and S. E. Ralph, "10 Gbps chip-on-board polymer optical fiber links," ICPOF, (2008)
- Xi Wang, Ali Shakouri, Jacob Wysocki, Mike Wincn and Ken Petrotti “Temperature Nonuniformity and Bias-Dependent Thermal Resistance in Multi-Finger MOSTransistors” Proc. of Electronic Components and Technology Conference, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, May, (2008)
- Saurav Bandyopadhyay, Pradip Mandal , Stephen E. Ralph and Kenneth Pedrotti “Integrated TIA-Equalizer for High Speed Optical Communication Systems” 21st Internationa Conference on VLSI Design, January 4th-8th , 2008, Hyderabad, India (Best Paper Award)
- K. D. Pedrotti, R. P. Dahlgren, J. A. Wysocki, S. E. Ralph, R. J. Gandhi and A. Polley, "Use of statistical moments for evaluation of far-field patterns," POF World, 2006, June 20-22, 2006 Santa Clara Convention Center Santa Clara, California, USA
- S. E. Ralph, A. Polley, K. Pedrotti, R. Dahlgren, J. Wysocki “New Methods for investigating mode coupling in multimode fiber: Impact on high-speed links and channel equualization” SOFM 2006
- Kshitij Yadav and K.D. Pedrotti “Investigation of the High Frequency Operation of Gm-C Integrators for Continuous Time Filters” International Conference on Communications, Circuits and Systems 2006 (ICCCAS'06), June 25-28, 2005, Gui Lin, China, Vol. 4, Track 8, #08_01_76, ICCCAS 2006
- Long Yang and Ken Pedrotti “Close-in Phase Noise of a Digitally Tuned VCO” IEEE International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS’06) Aug. 6-9, 2006, San Juan Puerto Rico
- R. Dahlgren, K. Pedrotti, “Methodology to Simulate Parasitic Reflection and Birefringence in Optical Pickup Units and Sensors, Optical Data Storage Conference, ODS ’06, Montreal, Canada, April 23-26, 2006
- K. Pedrotti “Monolithic vs. Hybrid Integration for Optoelectronic Integrated Circuits” IMAPS International Conference on Device Packaging, paper WA14, Scottsdale, AZ March 20-23-2006
- H. Basit, J. Wood, K. Pedrotti "Practical Multi-Gigahertz Clocks
for ASIC and COT Designs" Design Con 2004 paper TF14 Santa Clara,
CA Feb. 2-4, 2004
- K. Pedrotti, C. Chang, A. Price, S. Beccue, A. D. Campana, G. Gutierrez,
D. Meeker, D. Wu, K. C. Wang, A. Metzger, P. M. Asbeck, D. Huff, N.
Kwong, M. Swass, S. Z. Zhang, J. Bowers, "WEST 120 Gb/s 3x3 wavelength
division multiplexed crossconnect" Optical Fiber Communications
Conference 1998, San Jose, CA paper TuJ7
- A. Metzger, C. E. Chang, P. M. Asbeck, K. C. Wang, K. Pedrotti,
A. Price, A. Campana, D. Wu, J. Liu and S. Beccue "A 10Gb/s 12x12
Cross-Point Switch Implemented with AlGaAs/GaAs Heterojunction Bipolar
Transistors" 1997 GaAs IC Symposium
- J. Gamelin, M. Goodman, J. Jackel, B. Pathak, G. K. Chang, W. J.
Tomlinson, R. Cordell, C. E. Zah, T. P. Lee, C. Brakett, Bellcore,
C. Dreze, D. Pollex, J. Sitch, H. Willemsen, Bell Northern Research,
K. Pedrotti, K. C. Wang, Rockwell Science Center, R. Walden, W. Stanchina,
Hughes Research Labs, D. Fritz, R. Ade, R. Hobbs, UTP, R. Haigh, K.
McCammon, W. Lennon, Lawrence Livermore National Labs "8-Channel
reconfigurable WDM networking demonstration with wavelength translation
and electronic multicasting at 2.5 Gbit/s" Optical Fiber Communication
Conference, San Jose Feb. 29, 1995, Postdeadline paper PD29
- C. Dreze, D. Pollex, John Sitch (BNR); B. Walden, Y. M. Xie (Hughes
Research Labs); K. Pedrotti (Rockwell Science Center); C. E. Zah and
M. Goodman (Bellcore) "Multiwavelength High-Speed ADD/Drop Network
Access Module" Postdeadline Paper, IEEE LEOS Annual meeting,
San Francisco (1995)
- K. D. Pedrotti, F. Zucca, P. J. Zampardi, K. Nary, S. M. Beccue,
K. Runge, D. Meeker J. Penny and K. C. Wang "HBT Transmitter
and Data Regenerator Arrays for WDM Optical Communications Application"
GaAs IC Symposium October 16-19, 1994 paper H.4 pp. 197-200
- K. D. Pedrotti, C. W. Seabury and R. L. Pierson "20-Channel
Hybrid Optical Receiver for Free-Space Optical Interconnection"
IEEE LEOS Hybrid Optoelectronic Integration and Packaging Meeting
Santa Barbara, CA July 26, 1993
- K. D. Pedrotti, C. W. Seabury, N. H. Sheng, C. P. Lee, R. Agarwal,
A. D. M. Chen, D. Renner "6-GHz operation of a flip-chip mounted
1.3-µm laser diode on an AlGaAs/GaAs HBT laser driver circuit"
ThJ7 Proceedings of the Optical Fiber Communication Conference San
Jose, CA (Feb. 1992)
- K. D. Pedrotti, R.L.Pierson Jr., R. B. Nubling, C. W. Farley, E.
A. Sovero, M. F. Chang. "Ultra-high-speed PIN/HBT Monolithic
OEIC Photoreceiver" 1991 Device Research Conference, Boulder
Colorado (June 1991) paper VA-2
- K. Pedrotti, S. Beccue, W. Haber, B. Brar, G. Robinson, and M. K.
Kilcoyne "16X16 Optical Fiber Crossbar Switch operating at 0.85µm"
WB4 Proceedings of the Optical Fiber Communication Conference San
Francisco, CA (Jan. 1990)
Invited Conference Papers
- C. E. Chang, K. D. Pedrotti,
A. Price, A. D. Campana, D. Meeker, S. M. Beccue, D. Wu, K. C. Wang,
A. Metzger, P. M. Asbeck, D. Huff, N. Kwong, M. Swass, S. Z. Zhang,
J. Bowers "40 Gb/s WDM Cross-connect with an electronic switching
core: Preliminary Results from the WEST Consortium" (Invited)
IEEE LEOS Annual Meeting San Jose, CA, 1997 Paper ThG2, p. 336-337
- K. Pedrotti, K. C. Wang,
S. Beccue, R. Pierson, A. Price, K. Runge, D. Wu, R. Yu and P. Zampardi
"High Speed Circuits for Optical Networks" (Invited) 8th
Tyrrhenian International Workshop on Digital Communications Lerici,
Italy Sept. 3-6, 1996, paper #1.7
- K. C. Wang, Steve Beccue,
M. Frank Chang, Derek Meeker, Ken Pedrotti, Richard Pierson, Alistair
Price, Klaus Runge, Paul Thomas, Ruai Yu, Peter Zampardi "HBT
Technologies and Circuits for Lightwave Communication"
Invited Paper IEDMS'96
- K. D. Pedrotti, P. J.
Zampardi, F. Zucca and K. C. Wang "HBT laser driver array for
WDM optical transmitters" (Invited) SPIE Photonics West, San
Jose, CA Jan 30,1996
- K. D. Pedrotti, "Clock
Recovery for High Speed Optical Communication" (Invited) SPIE
Photonics West, Vol. CR62 Critical Reviews of Optical Science and
Technology, Jan 30, 1996 pp 267-298
- K. D. Pedrotti, "III-V
Electronic Circuit Technology for Optical Interconnection", (Invited)
IEEE Workshop on Interconnections within High-Speed Digital Systems,
Santa Fe, NM May 14-17 1995 paper number 2.3
- K. C. Wang, Ken Pedrotti,
and Klaus Runge "High Speed AlGaAs/GaAs HBT Circuits for Optical
Fiber Communications" LEOS'94 Boston, (Invited) paper No. OC2.2
- A. J. Price and K. D. Pedrotti,"Optical Transmitters"
in the CRC Optical Communication Handbook 2nd ed. , J. D. Gibson editor,
CRC Press, Salem MA (2002)
- K. D. Pedrotti "High-speed Circuits for Lightwave Communications"
edited by K C Wang, in Selected Topics in Electronics and Systems-
Vol. 13, edited by P K Tien, World Scientific Publishing, Singapore,
- A. J. Price and K. D. Pedrotti,"Optical Transmitters"
in the CRC Optical Communication Handbook , J. D. Gibson editor, CRC
Press, Salem MA (1997)
- P. M. Asbeck, M. F. Chang, K. Pedrotti "Future Directions for
HBT Development" in Current Trends in Heterojunction Bipolar
Transistors, M. F. Chang Editor, World Scientific Publishing, Singapore
- Wang, K.; Nubling, R.B.; Pedrotti, K.; Sheng, N.; Asbeck, P.M.;
Corcoran, J.; Poulton, K.; Corcoran, J.; Knudsen, K.; Yuan, H.; Chang,
C. (Edited by: Chang, M.F.) "AlGaAs/GaAs HBTs for analog and
digital applications." Current trends in heterojunction bipolar
transistors, Singapore: World Scientific, 1996. p.59-98. xiii+421
- 7,728,399 Molded Optical Package with Fiber Coupling Feature Issued 6/1/2010
- 7,173,245 Submicron thermal imaging method and enhanced resolution (super-resolved) AC-coupled imaging for thermal inspection of integrated circuits 2/6/2007
- 6,643,346 Frequency Detection Circuit for Clock Recovery 11/4/2003
- 6,232,847 Trimmable singleband and tunable multiband integrated
oscillator using micro-electromechanical system (MEMS) technology
- 6,232,841 Integrated tunable high efficiency power amplifier
- 6,094,102 Frequency synthesizer using micro electro mechanical systems
(MEMS) technology and method
- 6,049,702 Integrated passive transceiver section
Tunable-trimmable micro electro mechanical system (MEMS) capacitor
- 5,880,921 Monolithically integrated switched capacitor bank using
micro electro mechanical system (MEMS) technology Issued 3/9/99
Integrated tunable inductance network and method Issued 2/16/99.
- 5,834,975 Integrated variable gain power amplifier and method Issued
- 5,067,828 Transferred electron effective mass modulator Issued 11/26/91
Copyrights may have been transferred to the appropriate publishers.
Reprints are provided here for personal use only)