Ph.D. Graduate Student
Zhichao Hu's Home Page
Natural Language and Dialogue Systems Lab,
Jack Baskin School Of Engineering,
University of California, Santa Cruz
Email: zhu (at) ucsc.edu
Hi! My name is Zhichao Hu, the pronunciation is a little tricky for non-Chinese speakers (no offends), so just call me Chao for short please.
I'm a Ph.D graduate student in UCSC working with Prof. Marilyn Walker in the area of Natural Language Processing. I'm currently working on language entrainment and narrative summarizations. My interests also cover natural language generation with the respect to personality, sentiment analysis and data mining in social media.
For more information about me, please read: http://users.soe.ucsc.edu/~zhu/zhichaohu-cv.pdf
1. Zhichao Hu, Elahe Rahimtoroghi, Larissa Munishkina, Reid Swanson and Marilyn A. Walker. "Unsupervised
Induction of Contingent Event Pairs from Film Scenes," Conference on Empirical Methods
in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP '13), Seattle, WA, USA, Oct. 2013. [pdf]
2. Marilyn A. Walker, Jennifer Sawyer, Carolynn Jimenez, Elena Rishes, Grace I. Lin, Zhichao Hu, Jane Pinckard and Noah Wardip-Fruin. "Using Expressive Language Generation to Increase Authorial Leverage," The Intelligent Narrative Technologies (INT) Workshop, Boston, MA, USA, Oct. 2013. [pdf]
3. Zhichao Hu, Gabrielle Halberg, Carolynn R. Jimenez and Marilyn A. Walker. "Entrainment in Pedestrian Direction Giving: How many kinds of entrainment?" Workshop on Spoken Dialog Systems (IWSDS'14), Napa, CA, USA, Jan. 2014. [pdf]
4. Zhichao Hu, Marilyn A. Walker, Michael Neff, Jean E. Fox Tree. "Storytelling Agents with Personality and Adaptivity," Intelligent Virtual Agents: 15th International Conference, IVA 2015, Delft, Netherlands, August 26-28, 2015. [pdf]
5. Zhichao Hu, Michelle Dick, Chung-Ning Chang, Michael Neff, Jean E. Fox Tree, and Marilyn Walker. "A Corpus of Gesture-Annotated Dialogues for Monologue-to-Dialogue Generation from Personal Narratives," to appear in Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (LREC), Portoroz, Slovenia, May 2016. [pdf]
6. Marta Recasens, Zhichao Hu, and Olivia Rhinehart. "Sense Anaphoric Pronouns: Am I One?," Workshop on Coreference Resolution Beyond OntoNotes (CORBON), San Diego, CA, USA, June 2016. [pdf]
7. Zhichao Hu, Elahe Rahimtoroghi and Marilyn A. Walker. "Inference of Fine-Grained Event Causality from Blogs and Films," Workshop on Events and Stories in the News, Vancouver, Canada, July 2017. [pdf]
8. Zhichao Hu and Marilyn A. Walker. "Measuring Personality Adaptation in Task-Oriented Dialogs," WiNLP (Women and Underrepresented Minorities in NLP) Workshop, Vancouver, Canada, July 2017. [pdf]
9. Zhichao Hu and Marilyn A. Walker. "Inferring Narrative Causality between Event Pairs in Films," SIGdial Meeting on Discourse and Dialogue (SIGDIAL 2017), Saarbrücken, Germany, August 2017. [pdf]
Last Updated: Nov 18, 2017.
Ph.D. Graduate Student