Yan Li's Home Page
||Ph.D. Graduate Student
Storage Systems Research Center,
Jack Baskin School Of Engineering,
University of California, Santa Cruz
Office: E2, SOE, 381
Phone: (831) 713-6616
Email: yanli «at» ucsc·edu
About Yan Li
Yan Li, Ph.D. Graduate Student working with Professor Darrell Long at the Storage Systems Research Center, Jack Baskin School Of Engineering, University of California, Santa Cruz starting from 2011.
He is currently working on autonomous and self-tuning Quality of Service (QoS) of large-scale storage systems (see Project ASCAR). His interests also cover software-defined storage, automated storage management, elastic storage, storage energy consumption, reliability modeling and simulation, archival storage systems, and digital preservation. He has an Erdős number of 3.
He is the administrator for ACM Transactions on Storage.
For more information, please read:
News & Recent publications
- Yan Li, Yash Gupta, Ethan L. Miller, Darrell D. E. Long. Pilot: A Framework that Understands How to Do Performance Benchmarks The Right Way. IEEE 24th International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS 2016), September 19--21, 2016, London, UK
- Yan Li, Xiaoyuan Lu, Ethan L. Miller, Darrell D. E. Long. ASCAR: Automating Contention Management for High-Performance Storage Systems. 31st International Conference on Massive Storage Systems and Technologies (MSST 2015), May 30--June 5, 2015, Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Yan Li, Darrell D. E. Long. Which Storage Device is the Greenest? Modeling the Energy Cost of I/O Workloads. IEEE 22nd International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS 2014), September 9-11, 2014, Paris.
- Yan Li has won the 2014 Symantec Research Labs Graduate Fellowship
- Yan Li, Nakul Sanjay Dhotre, Yasuhiro Ohara, Thomas M. Kroeger, Ethan L. Miller, Darrell D. E. Long. "Horus: Fine-Grained Encryption-Based Security for Large-Scale Storage," Proceedings of the 11th USENIX Conference on File and Storage Technologies (FAST '13), Usenix Association, February 12-15, 2013.
For a detailed list of all my publications, please read my CV
- Research Intern at TurboStor, Fremont
- Research Intern at Symantec Research Labs, Mountain View
- Intern at IBM Almaden Research Center, San Jose
- Intern at Google, Mountain View
- Full-time employee at the Intel China Research Center, Intel
- Full-time employee at the China System and Technology Lab, IBM
Copyright Yan Li, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016. Valid XHTML 1.0