- Name: Andy Vitek
- Major: Computer Science, M.S.
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic and Professional Interests
I am very passionate about digital pathology, an exploding field that applies computer science to medicine.
I currently work for Roche, a multinational Swiss healthcare company; its Belmont site ships specialized digital pathology software, both for researchers and oncologists.
During my course of study at UCSC, I would like to specialize on machine learning techniques applied to tissue detection.
Links to papers:
- Digital imaging in pathology: whole-slide imaging and beyond.
- Deep learning as a tool for increased accuracy and efficiency of histopathological diagnosis.
- Scientific and Regulatory Policy Committee (SRPC) paper: validation of digital pathology systems in the regulated nonclinical environment.
I enjoy photography, art, reading, walking. I am ambitious and willing to learn and improve myself.