Vasileios (Vassilis) Polychronopoulos
Baker Beach, San Francisco, December 2016
I graduated with a PhD in Computer Science!
- de Alfaro L. Faella M., Polychronopoulos V., Shavlovsky M., “Incentives for Truthful Evaluations”. (in review) [pdf]
- Agrawal R., de Alfaro L., Polychronopoulos V., “Learning from Graph Neighborhoods Using LSTMs”. In AAAI Workshop on Crowdsourcing, Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence Agents. 2017. [pdf]
- de Alfaro L., Polychronopoulos V. and Polyzotis N.. “Efficient Techniques for Crowdsourced Top-k Lists”. In AAAI Conference on Human Computation and Crowdsourcing, pp. 22-31. 2016. Recipient of Best Paper Finalist Award. [pdf]
- de Alfaro L., Polychronopoulos V. and Shavlovsky M. “Reliable Aggregation of Boolean Crowdsourced Tasks”. In AAAI Conference on Human Computation and Crowdsourcing, pp. 42-51. 2015. [pdf]
- Polychronopoulos V., Pendar N., and Jeffery S. “QuIET: A Text Classification Technique Using Automatically Generated Span Queries.” In IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing, pp. 52-59. 2014.
Recipient of Best Paper Award. [pdf]
- Polychronopoulos V., de Alfaro L., Davis J., Garcia-Molina H., and Polyzotis N. "Human-Powered Top-k Lists." In the International Workshop on the Web and Databases (WebDB), pp. 25-30. 2013. [pdf]
Below are details and links to some of my projects.
- Machine learning applied to structures: social network graphs, collaboration graphs, user interaction graphs and more. [url]
- Project for Advanced Machine Learning seminar: Prediction of actor collaborations using IMDB data. [pdf]
- Project for Machine Learning class: prediction of ethnicity using mitochondrial DNA data. [pdf]
- Project for Data Mining class: mining association rules on data from Musicbrainz, a publicly available relational database that stores information on music releases. [pdf]