My research concerns the dynamics of stellar interiors, and specifically the solar interior:
- The dynamics of the solar 'tachocline' - transport of angular momentum and magnetic flux between the Sun's convective envelope and radiative interior.
- Turbulent pumping of magnetic flux by anisotropic compressible convection.
- Chemical transport in stellar interiors by meridional flows and double-diffusive convection.
I am also interested in
- Anomalous, long-range transport of angular momentum by turbulence and wave breaking.
- Instabilities in magnetized shear flows.
- Stellar structure and evolution.
More information on my research can be found here.