I am currently pursuing Masters in Computer Science & Engineering at University of California, Santa Cruz. I have a strong Algorithms and Data Structures foundation along with Three years of Software Engineering experience. I am highly skilled in Python, SQL, Java and Unix having worked on it for the past Five years now. My research interests are in Data Science and Natural Language Processing. My non-academic interests include competitive coding, hiking, backpacking and photography. I have strong interpersonal and leadership skills. I am also a theater enthusiast.
- Led chatbot development projects for two major banks in the Philippines, currently used by over 30,000 users.
- Built dialog flows and integration adapters with third-party platforms like Facebook Messenger, Slack, Microsoft Teams.
- Implemented context management, intent and entity recognizers using RASA NLU & Microsoft LUIS and created telemetry analytics dashboards.
- Incorporated statistical and machine learning models in the Unscrambl Drive platform for customer segmentation, user profiling, variance analysis, purchase propensity calculation for the biggest Telecom in the Philippines.
- Constructed complete data pipelines for data preprocessing, aggregating, analyzing and generating visualizations for various clients.
- Classroom mentor and project reviewer for “Udacity Deep Learning Foundations Nanodegree”.
- Mentored 100+ international students for the course including Q&A sessions with the students regarding various projects and course material.
- Reviewed and graded 100+ assignment projects related to the course.
- Worked on a major release for enhancing an existing commercial online banking software using Java-related technologies in the forward development team.
- Added a feature of dynamic reloading of modified spring components in the application. This eliminated the need for a complete application server restart after any modifications were made to the spring code. The change deployment time reduced from about an hour to 3-4 minutes.
- Developed and maintained an automated REST API testing framework for a banking application.
Some projects which I have worked on
I plan to do more focused research and publish more papers during my Masters