I believe that upfront honesty is is the only way to go. I know I'm not the best programmer out there, considering the fact I only learned about programming starting my freshmen year in college, but I also know I'm not half bad. I know I accomplished a lot these past years, and I hope to keep pushing my limits. If you are at all interested in me, I highly recommend looking at the rest of my website.
- Teaching a class of 20 students learning logic design
- Subjects taught include state machine, sequential circuits, system level design
- Prepared tutoring session to ensure the tutee's academic development.
- Participated in tutoring training and development classes.
- Applied different learning strategies for students to learn.
- Create lesson plan to help student further understand the concept
- Keep tutee engaged during tutor hour
Academic / Professional Interest:
By the end of my graduate career at UC Santa Cruz, I wish to learn more about machine learning. I really enjoy playing around with huge dataset and using it to train a model that can achieve amazing things. Currently I am looking for a research position that will help me get one step closer to achieving my goal.
- Train a machine learning model to predict whether a passenger will survive the titanic given a dataset with many features
- In a team of 4, achieved goal of making a smart parking system that allow users to find availability of parking spots via mobile application
- Incorporated TCP/IP and REST API to send information from microcontroller to the cloud
- Used OV7670 with microcontroller to capture car image
- Incorporated collaborative filtering to recommend users product
- Implemented cosine similarity to find similar users and K-nearest neighbors for computation
During my free time, I enjoy working out at the gym. To me, working out is not just to build muscle. To me, it is a lifestyle as well as staying healthy. It taught me through perseverance and commitment, nothing is unachievable. In addition to working out, I love to play badminton. I started playing badminton my freshman year of high school and I trained outside of school for a year. Through badminton, I met a lot of great people as well as some of my closest friends.
© Jason Ting | Computer Engineer