AMS 147 Computational Methods and Applications
- Course Description
- Lectures: TuTh 4:00-5:45PM at Steven Acad 175
- Instructor: Hongyun Wang (Email: hongwang AT soe DOT ucsc DOT edu)
- Office hours: Tuesday 9:00-11:00am at BE 369
- Class web: http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~hongwang/AMS147
- Lab sessions (lab sessions start in the week of 01/11/2016):
- Tuesday 7:00-9:00pm at BE109
- Wednesday 7:00-9:00pm at BE109
- Thursday 7:00-9:00pm at BE109
- Teaching Assistants:
- George Labaria (Email: glabaria AT soe DOT ucsc DOT edu)
- TA's Office hours:
Wednesday 9:00-11:00am at Kresge PC Lab (Room 317)
- Lab sessions in Finals Week:
- Monday (03/14/2016) 3:00-6:00pm at BE 109
- Tuesday (03/15/2016) 3:00-6:00pm at BE 109
- There is no official textbook for this course.
I will distribute my lecture notes electronically.
Here is a link to
- Grading policy:
- Computational assignments: 50%; Course Project: 25%;
Final Exam: 25%
- Important Dates:
- Review Session: Thursday 03/10/2016, 4:00-5:45pm.
- Final Exam: Wednesday, 03/16/2016, 4:00-5:00pm.
- Lecture Notes
- Computational Assignments
You are strongly encouraged to work in groups on
computational assignments and on the course project.
A good group size is 3-5 persons.
You are also encouraged to check results with other groups
and work together to resolve any differences.
The best way of learning in programming is to help each
other and to learn from each other.
Course project, due by the end of Wednesday 03/16/2016,
submit one PDF file by email to email@example.com