PhD Student of Computer Science
Jack Baskin School of Engineering
University of California Santa Cruz
Email: fkhan4 [at] ucsc [dot] edu
Hi! I am Fahim. I am a PhD student in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the Jack Baskin School of Engineering of University of California Santa Cruz. My primary research interests are Computer Graphics and Scientific Visualization. My recent research projects were on visualizing medical image data (such as 4D PC-MRI), weather data (air flow, oceanic current, etc.) and other 3D and 4D vector data.
Previously, I have completed my M.Sc in Computer Science from VISAGG (Visualization and Graphics Group) of the Department of Computer Science at the University of Calgary (UofC) in 2018, M.Sc in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) in 2015 and B.Sc in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) from Rajshahi University of Engineering and Technology (RUET) in 2009.
Research Interests: Computer Graphics, Visualization, Exploratory Data Analysis, Machine Learning.
A list of my selected publications is given here. A full list is available in Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.ca/citations?user=zkUX0q0AAAAJ
1. Fahim Hasan Khan, Allan Rocha and Usman Alim. “Comparative Visualizations of Noisy and Filtered Blood Flow from 4D PC-MRI Cardiac Datasets.” Submitted to IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 2018.
2. Fahim Hasan Khan. “Superimposed Comparative Visualization of 3D and 4D Vector Fields.” Dissertation – Department of Computer Science, University of Calgary, 2018.
3. Fahim Hasan Khan, Allan Rocha and Usman Alim. “Comparative Visualizations of Noisy and Filtered Blood Flow from 4D PC-MRI Cardiac Datasets.” In Proceedings of the IEEE VIS, IEEE, 2017.
4. Fahim Hasan Khan. “Hierarchical approach for identifying social groups from mobile phone call detail records.” Dissertation – Department of Computer Science and Engineering, BUET, 2015.
5. Fahim Hasan Khan. Mohammed Eunus Ali, and Himel Dev. “A hierarchical approach for identifying user activity patterns from mobile phone call detail records.” In Networking Systems and Security (NSysS), 2015 International Conference on, pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2015.
6. Kishwar Shafin, Kazi Lutful Kabir, Fahim Hasan Khanet al., “Mongol Barota: A Next Generation Rover”, In Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Software, Knowledge, Intelligent Management and Applications (SKIMA 2014), Dhaka, Bangladesh. IEEE.
Teaching Assistant: CMPS101-01: Algorithms and Abstract Data Types
I like to travel to different places in different countries. So far, I have visited Canada (Alberta, British Colombia, and Ontario), China, France, and the United States (Arizona, California, New York, and Utah). I enjoy hiking, camping, and other outdoor activities. Mountain biking and bicycling is my preferred way of exploring nature and rhythms of a city. I like to watch movies and play video games while I am at home.