AMS 209: Foundations of Scientific Computing¶
This is a class webpage where you can find the classnotes for the course. The contents herein are going to be continuously updated throughout the quarter.
Announcements on Office Hours¶
- With Dongwook Lee (instructor, dlee79 _at_ ucsc _dot_ edu, BE 353C):
- Mon 11:00 am - 12:00 pm, and
- Thur 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm.
- Or by appointment
- With Michael Lavell (TA, mlavell _at_ ucsc _dot_ edu, BE119):
- Mon 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm, and
- Wed 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm.
- Please join the Google group of AMS 209 and use it to ask questions and provide answers among group members, open discussions, make suggestions, etc. for various topics that are relevant to the coursework.
- You are not allowed to use the Google group to share any solutions of homework assignments and the final-term project. Maintaining a good level of academic honesty will be strongly expected for all members of the class.
- Course Mission
- About the Website
- Lecture Notes
- Chapter 1. Operation systems, Version controls, Remote access
- Chapter 2. Fortran
- Chapter 3. Python - Basics
- Chapter 4. Python - IO, OS functionality, debugging, OOP
- Chapter 5. Python - Numerical Manipulations using Numpy, Matplotlib, SymPy, and SciPy
- Chapter 6. C Programming Langues
- Chapter 7. Other Topics in Scientific Computing
- Basic Concepts